Monday, August 28, 2017

Time Strategies

 
Time
Picture by unknown 
Source: Wikipedia

I feel like my schedule to work a hour a day for six days a week for this course is something realistic for myself. I know I can't work on the same thing for long periods of time, and need variation, so a hour a day is perfect. Plus, I get my Saturday free! "Realistic Study Plans" by Amanda Collins really got me thinking about what I do during most of my day, how long it takes me to eat, sleep, wake up, etc. Everything takes time is what I concluded, and this article really helped me realize how many hours I actually have during my day to prioritize how I spend my time. I think a really great technique mentioned in this article was physically writing down how many hours a day you spend on doing certain activities. For example, I can write down how many hours I actually spend studying for exams without distraction to get a reality check.  

Another great article on time strategies is "How to Beat Procrastination" by Caroline Webb. There were some great tips to just begin to not procrastinate in this article. One of my favorites was "visualize how great it will be to get it done." I think picturing accomplishment feels good in general, but actually being accomplished would feel even better! Sometimes it's hard to put myself in a situation where I can see myself getting something done like a research paper because it just seems like such a long process. However, Webb's other strategy is just for this struggle! Webb mentions "identify the first step." This tip is more useful than it sounds because you can't get anywhere or get anything done if there are no baby steps. Getting one step done leads to getting another step done, and the cycle will continue. 

Both these articles have great time strategies! I'm looking forward to applying both articles in my daily lifestyle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Famous Last Words: Final Thoughts Fall 2017

Finals; Flickr Wow, I can’t believe its finally finals time! I would like to start off by saying this class has ...